Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Movin' on up

I'm in love. Completely, utterly, and totally in love.

With a button-cute, over-priced, under-spaced Dupont Circle apartment.

I've never felt this way before, I think about it all the time. I think about it's cozy little kitchen where I could spend hours ordering take out baking muffins and its quaint little balcony where I could curl up in the sun and read US Weekly Jane Austen.


I love this apartment so much, I even think about it while I'm in my old apartment.

The journey towards Dupont Circle residency can be a little intimidating. When I first moved to DC, I got sticker-shock from the cost of a beer. Participation in DC real estate was unfathomable.

When I presented my completed, co-signerless, lease application to the property management, I half expected them to chase me out of their office with a broom, "Shoo you rascal, you go back to the Commonwealth and you stay there!"

Fortunately, my parents are always on hand to provide financial guidance.

Parents: How's the apartment hunt?

Me: I think I found a great place. It's a safe area to run and really close to my new job. It's expensive, the rent is $[insert cost of a Dupont Circle apartment here].

Parents: Dial Tone.