Thursday, February 17, 2011

Kill all the lawyers

Legal wisdom from William Shakespeare and others...

“I get paid for seeing that my clients have every break the law allows. I have knowingly defended a number of guilty men. But the guilty never escape unscathed. My fees are sufficient punishment for anyone.”  ~F. Lee Bailey

“Lawyers spend a great deal of their time shoveling smoke.”
~Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.

“Never forget that everything Hitler did in Germany was legal.” ~Martin Luther King, Jr.

“A lawyer with a briefcase can steal more than a thousand men with guns.” ~Mario Puzo, The Godfather

"A jury consists of twelve persons chosen to decide who has the better lawyer.” ~Robert Frost

“I busted a mirror and got seven years bad luck, but my lawyer thinks he can get me five. ” ~Stephen Wright

“Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.” ~Groucho Marx