Monday, September 18, 2017

Multiple Sclerosis and Me: 5 Things I've learned about MS - Part VIII

5)
Meme Maker - Had a MRI and was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis Wasn't Cancer! This was me at first. 
4) The Americans with Disabilities Act is younger than I am. 
3) MS doesn't only effect movement.

BAAHAhahaa! If I pinned it before, I'm pinning it again!...'cause I can't remember if I pinned it before..lol

2) Even with seven TYSABRI infusions under my belt, Multiple Sclerosis can seem feel like you're fighting an epic battle.


1) People with disabilities endure the same oppression, harassment, discrimination, injustice, abuse, bigotry, prejudice, and inequality that's awaited every minority a century before us. Society seems to suffers from severe short term memory problems, and the term "protected party" exists less as a definition and more as an annoyed eye roll wondering why we can't remember the Civil Rights Movement, Hitler and his Jewish pals, or Women's Suffrage. 

I argue that like something shiny we get distracted by whatever language is used in the discrimination du jour, in this case disability and the atrocious language I endured from of all people my parents. But look past the words, however vile, and focus on obtaining justice for the actions. And as it turned out, you don't really wanna fuck with me. Only nigga that I trust is me. Fuck around and make me bust this heat  That's the devil, they always wanna dance.



No comments:

Post a Comment